long delays on kde startup (intermittent)

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Thu Oct 15 16:43:55 UTC 2015

Am 15.10.2015 um 18:12 schrieb Rex Dieter:
> Neal Becker wrote:
>
>> Recently (last month?) I'm seeing intermittently, long delays on kde
>> startup.  The startup draws a horizontal bar, and it hangs maybe 75% of
>> the way for a Long time (30 sec)?
>>
>> This is on a very fast machine that usually starts kde in a few seconds.
>> Any hints at troubleshooting?
>
> There were some issues introduced in kf5-5.14.x (kf5-kservice mostly) that
> should be fixed in kf5-5.15 (currently in updates-testing).
>
> See if those updates help your case

at least not here

* login takes long
* still half of the desktop freezes after sftp-filetransfers

on a machine where over years the progress display at login was disabled
because it was so fast that the was nothing to display

currently the desktop appears *long* after autostarts are done (Firefox,
Kopete triggering kwallet, ssh-askpass) because when the desktop appears
firefox asks for the master password which normally happens a dozenns of
seconds after it was started