blog post on Plasma 5 quality

Hernán Ramírez h2222080 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 19 16:28:42 UTC 2015

In my case, Plasma 5.2 in Kubuntu 15.04 was very unstable, something like a
5/10 I later used their Netinstall ISO with a PPA to get Plasma 5.3 and the
user experience improved a lot, i would rate it 7/10.

Later, knowing Fedora used the same Plasma versión, but with more updated
software, i installed F22 and with Plasma 5.4 everything worked pretty
good. I would say 8.5/10.

My experience has been actually so good, that i changed to Fedora KDE as my
main distro.

I dont understand the people commenting about KDE 4.x vs Plasma 5.

The KDE community prepared the KDE 4.12 as a Long Term Support for the
people commenting about the unstable situation  of Plasma 5.x, for them
Kubuntu 14.04 and Debian 8 KDE are the best choices.

And the unstable situation  of Plasma 5 in a distro focused in the end user
such as Kubuntu 15.04 and 15.10, those are like "incremental development
stages", the complains about Plasma 5 not ready for the end user would be
100% valid  in Kubuntu 16.04.

And about OpenSUSE Leap chosing Plasma 5.4, i think that was too early
since their focus now is being stable.

Hernán