blog post on Plasma 5 quality

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Sun Oct 25 06:46:08 UTC 2015

Am 25.10.2015 um 05:46 schrieb P. Gueckel:
> Timothy Murphy wrote:
>
>> I liked the icons that came up to show me the
> various
>> steps as they were completed.
>
> I always thought they were so ugly—holdovers from
> KDE2, likely. I am so glad they finally got rid of
> them. I tried for years to get rid of them and the
> best I could come up with was to settle for the plain
> background with the horizontal bar. And, guess what!
> The horizontal bar is what we now have in KDE5! :-)
> Progress LOL! This horizontal bar actually tells you
> something, since it has steps and they are all
> completed, or else something didn't load. I remember
> Windows XP, I think, that had the most infuriating
> horizontal bar in existence: it just kept on moving
> from left to right and back again to start anew, so
> you never knew where you were or if anything was
> happening LOL!!

fact is that this progress stuff is only needed here since upgrade to
Fedora 22 because the hardware is so fricking fast that the last 4 years
it was disabled

*whatever* KDE5 does here at the login time is pure crap because there
is no CPU lod and no disk I/O at that time (easily to verify by press
CTRL+ALT+F2 and start htop)