Stepping down from KDE SIG

Gerald B. Cox gbcox at bzb.us
Fri Oct 30 16:30:15 UTC 2015

On Fri, Oct 30, 2015 at 2:14 PM, Felix Miata <mrmazda at earthlink.net> wrote:

> > The main statistic I would like to see is: what percentage of Fedora
> users
> > are opting for KDE over Gnome?
> > Fedora seems to me to be making it harder and harder to choose KDE
> > (and other alternatives to Gnome).
>
> I don't believe it's Fedora per se, but rather Gnome's demands from the
> support infrastructure.

Well, if you look at the earlier metrics, Redhat is far and above the
biggest contributor to GTK... supplying over 3/4's of the contribution.  If
anyone is driving, it is Redhat - which has a big influence on what happens
with Fedora.
Again, I don't think they are trying to purposely make things more
difficult for anybody... its just not on their radar - and it won't be
unless their major customers demand a change; and considering the main
focus is on servers, that is highly unlikely.