A near freeze of plasma

Ed Greshko ed.greshko at greshko.com
Sat Sep 5 14:53:40 UTC 2015

On 09/05/15 21:13, Glenn Holmer wrote:
> On 09/05/2015 07:04 AM, Ed Greshko wrote:
>> My most recent experience with "freeze" is not a solid one.
> I suffer from the "freeze" issue as well. It's as bad as it's ever been
> (on average about once/day). If I'm in front of the machine and  catch
> it quickly enough, I can drop to console and "systemctl restart sddm",
> but it degrades quickly. At its worst, I can ssh from another machine,
> but a "systemctl stop sddm" or either "systemctl isolate multi-user"
> just hangs, and the machine has to be rebooted.
>
> FYI, always running the latest updates, and I've an NVidia GeForce GTX
> 650 on the nouveau driver.

I'm running a GeForce GTX 660 with the nVidia drivers.  Sort of good to know the failure is the same with nouveau.

I suppose I should try running something other than sddm to see if that makes any difference.

Really is frustrating since one can't predict when/what triggers the "freeze".  It seemed to be worse when I would be editing a video file.  But that could also have just been Murphy's Law at work.

--
It seems most people that say they are "done talking about it" never really are until given the last word.