F22 / KDE5

Emilio Recio Emilio.Recio at jefferson.edu
Tue Sep 15 14:43:10 UTC 2015

I tried that, and it is lame. (Personal opinion) All of my apps
(audacious, pidgin, davmail - java apps, etc.) just don't dock anymore,
and it's a pain in the neck to use KF5 for this reason. They should have
shipped a widget that implement xembed. At least as an option that the
user could start, if not the default. I just resurrected my lappie to be
able to code the widget.

Speaking of which, I was thinking of kdevelop?? Should I use QT Creator
instead?? Any hints and tips on the best IDE would be welcome. My
experience has only been with Eclipse, NetBeans and Emacs.

On 09/15/15 10:20, Rex Dieter wrote:
> For anything not yet supporting status notifiers, you can use something like wmsystemtray (I do).
The information contained in this transmission contains privileged and confidential information. It is intended only for the use of the person named above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, dissemination, distribution or duplication of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.

CAUTION: Intended recipients should NOT use email communication for emergent or urgent health care matters.