KDE 5: controlbar fonts cutted

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Wed Sep 16 23:01:18 UTC 2015

Gerald B. Cox wrote:
> I read the bug report:  270414 <sigh>
>
> Bottom line, I really wish people would stop with the martyr routine.  It
> just comes across as a defensive deflection.  If you're developing
> software
> part of the responsibility is to be responsive to bug reports.  Saying a
> contribution is "just a hobby, subject to emotional whims" actually isn't
> doing the project any favors.  If anything, it would cause people to not
> want to use it.  Who wants to use something that is being maintained (or
> not) depending on what side of the bed someone woke up on?
>
> Sure, people can get exasperated and say some snippy things... but that
> doesn't alter the fact there is an issue that needs to be resolved.  Get
> over it.

I agree. I really think reverting a bug fix (that does not cause regressions
that are worse than the original bug, of course) is NEVER acceptable
behavior, no matter what the (non-technical) reason. Unfortunately, Aaron
Seigo is so powerful in the KDE project that he can get away with almost
anything.

        Kevin Kofler