Putting the full unstripped modules in the kernel-debuginfo package

Roland McGrath roland at redhat.com
Mon Apr 2 20:13:25 UTC 2007

I'm not positive everything will work, i.e. systemtap et al that do deal
with separate debuginfo properly now.  We could test it.  OTOH, it may take
less time than mucking with the build and testing the results for me to
write an "unstrip" to paste together what was separated at build time.  And
that kludge is more of an explicit kludge rather than yet more obscure
weirdness because of tool inadequacies that will eventually go away.

Thanks,
Roland