solved!!! VDSO support, 2.6.20-1.2925 hangs after unmounting old proc and sys

Daniel Kirsten Daniel.Kirsten at gmx.net
Fri Apr 13 09:21:25 UTC 2007

On Thursday April 12 2007, you wrote:
> I may have missed some of the context, so forgive me if I'm confused.  It
> sounds like the report was of CONFIG_COMPAT_VDSO=y causing problems, the
> problem being fixed by using CONFIG_COMPAT_VDSO=n.  Is that right, or inverted?

It is right.

CONFIG_COMPAT_VDSO=y  causes the kernel to hang after unmounting the old proc and
sys filesystems.    I can boot the same kernel if I use the kernel option vdso=0.

I can boot with CONFIG_COMPAT_VDSO=n

The problem appeared in 2.6.20-1.2925 and 2.6.20-1.2933.
I do not know how the option CONFIG_COMPAT_VDSO was turned on.  It is turned on
in every kernel-config since 2868 (the oldest one I found)

Daniel