Keep the FC6 kernel at 2.6.20 or move it to 2.6.21?

Chuck Ebbert cebbert at redhat.com
Mon Apr 30 20:45:36 UTC 2007

Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:

> Well, getting a quite stable and working-on-lots-of-machines kernel on
> the install media of F7 is also quite important imho.
>
> /me votes for what davej suggested: "do a rebase to .21 this week, and
> push that out to testing, and if anything critical turns up before that
> becomes deemed stable,  we could push a branched build off of .20
> directly to updates."

There is another 2.6.20-stable release in the works and I think we should
release that for FC5/FC6. The work is already done.

In the meantime I've started collecting fixes for 2.6.21 and I think it will
be at least decent after a 40-patch or so update (not just a small two
patch update like 2.6.21.1.)