GFS2/DLM Exports request

Steven Whitehouse swhiteho at redhat.com
Thu Aug 16 12:48:23 UTC 2007

Hi,

On Thu, 2007-08-16 at 07:43 -0500, Josh Boyer wrote:
> On Thu, 16 Aug 2007 13:21:17 +0100
> Steven Whitehouse <swhiteho at redhat.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Please add the following patch to the Fedora kernel (F-7, FC-6 &
> > devel). This was originally in the FC-6 kernel but seems to have
> > vanished. This patch isn't going to get sent upstream for various
> > reasons but we need it in Fedora so that the GFS kernel stuff will
> > build against the GFS2 lock modules.
>
> What were the reasons upstream didn't like it?
>
> josh

We didn't send it to them. I don't want to export this generally because
eventually we intend to get rid of the lock module interface and use the
dlm interface as "the" way to interface lock managers to GFS2. As a
result I'd rather not give the impression to the upstream people that
this interface is available for general use.

In the mean time however, we are maintaining the older GFS kernel
package which does make use of it. There is no intention of submitting
the original GFS upstream, and thus there will never be any upstream
users of these exports.

The patch was in FC-6 originally anyway and got dropped at some stage,

Steve.