[Fwd: Testing the Current Upstream Kernel]

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Thu Aug 16 16:28:14 UTC 2007

On 16.08.2007 16:31, Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams wrote:
> On Thu, 2007-08-16 at 15:17 +0200, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
>> did you guys see this discussion on LKML? Should we build the vanilla
>> kernel (¹)  by default during our build process and put it in some
>> special repo maybe (or even in the main repo?)?
>
> http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1742374580386548257
>
> "...we do readily accept bug reports against the latest Fedora
      ^^
> kernel..."
>   --Andrew Morton (0:54:38 in the above video)
>
> This is probably in reference to Rawhide though,

Well, I suppose at least some kernel developers might not agree with
that/might not feel as part of the "we" and will ask people to test a
vanilla kernel. So I'd say having them in some repo/rawhide would be nice.

> so it may still be
> useful for Fedora's stable releases.

Agreed (I not long ago was in the need to the a vanilla kernel and I
really wish I could have yum-installed it).

Cu
thl