Problem booting F10 from 3ware 9650SE controller

Ted Sume Nzuonkwelle Ted.Nzuonkwelle at Colorado.EDU
Mon Dec 8 18:28:09 UTC 2008

Hi,

I just installed Fedora 10 on a 9650SE raid controller with a Raid 1
configuration. The installation was successful. I have not been able to
boot yet. Looks like initrd cannot access swap event though it loads
3w-9xxx properly. details follow.

The first boot attempt complained that the resume device did not exist,
so i booted into rescue, but none of the partitions were mounted. Then i
booted into rescue again, and mounted /, modified fstab by replacing
labels, UUIDs, with corresponding partition names.../dev/sda[1-9]. Then
i rebooted into rescue and all partitions were mounted and i was able to
chroot /mnt/sysimage, and then regenerated initrd so it picks up changes
in fstab.

When i try to boot the system again from disk i get the following error.

sda: Setting up hotplug
Creating block device nodes
Creating character device nodes
Unable to access resume device (/dev/sda2)
Creating root device
 mount: error mounting /dev/root on /sysroot as ext3, No such file or
directory
sda1 sda2 sda3 sda4 < sda5 sda6 sda7 sda8 sda9

This was my first attempt at installing and booting from a raid
controller.

Any thoughts.....??

Thanks.
- Ted