When will we stop shipping WLAN improvements ahead of upstream in released Fedora version?

drago01 drago01 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 5 13:54:05 UTC 2008

On Sat, Jul 5, 2008 at 2:56 PM, Thorsten Leemhuis <fedora at leemhuis.info> wrote:

> - a karama of "+3" in bodhi seems not enough for a auto-move from testing to
> stable (or even worse: straight to stable if enough people tested the kernel
> and gave their +1 after the update got filed in bodhi but *before* it
> actually hit fedora-testing) if there are no other pressing issues (like
> security fixes). The kernel is a to complex beast; more then 3 people should
> be needed to give a +1. And a bit of time needs to pass to give enough
> people the opportunity to install, test and report problems with new
> kernels.

Well the problem is not the patches that are being shipped but bodhi.
Auto pushing for something like the kernel should be disabled, to
prevent such stuff from happening.
The bug you are referring to, has been resolved quickly, if the kernel
stayed in testing (ie no autopush) it would not have hit stable with
this bug.(same for other, non wireless related issues).