F9 update lag.

David Hollis dhollis at davehollis.com
Mon Jul 21 23:02:20 UTC 2008

On Sun, 2008-07-20 at 14:49 -0400, Dave Jones wrote:

> 1. We branch from the older update in CVS
>    and add just the security fix, and get that out.
>
> 2. We revert all the wireless changes back to the previous update.
>
> 3. We ship anyway, with the known wireless regressions.
>
> #3 is of course, guaranteed not to win us friends with the
> wireless users.

As a professional security guy, long-time Red Hat/Fedora user, and
sometimes wireless sufferer, I'd lean towards option 1.  From what I
understand, the wireless updates would enable the RTL8187 USB Wireless
devices that I have, which would be great, but waiting another week or
two for them isn't a big deal.  I've had my share of wireless
fluctuation (iwl4965 on x86_64) over the past while and -86 seems to be
running pretty stable.