turning on -fno-inline-functions-called-once

Steve Dickson SteveD at redhat.com
Mon Oct 6 18:56:04 UTC 2008

A while back, I believe back during the last FUDCon in Raleigh I talked with kylem and davej about turning off the "inline-functions-called-once" which inlines functions that are only called once. Turning off this optimization would allow SystemTap to work much better, especially in the NFS code...

Kyle/Dave (or anybody else) remember if anything came out from that conversation?

Is there any reason we should not remove this optimization?

steved.