Custom Kernel USB Boot Problem

Ahmad Al-Yaman ahmad221284 at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 9 16:32:25 UTC 2009

Hi everyone, I'm building a custom kernel optimized for the Eee PC netbook. The kernel works without problems when installed on the main SSD but when I tried installing it on a USB flash disk, or SD card, and booted, I got the following error:

Unable to access resume device (UUID=<UUID>)
mount: error mounting /dev/root on /sysroot as ext3: No such file or directory

I'm assuming there are some packages necessary to boot from USB devices that need to be included in the kernel config which I didn't include. Can anyone give me an idea what those packages might be?

Thank you.