turn SND_HDA_POWER_SAVE_DEFAULT back on?

Eric Sandeen sandeen at redhat.com
Mon Jan 12 21:26:30 UTC 2009

Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
> On 12.01.2009 11:01, Matthew Garrett wrote:
>> On Sun, Jan 11, 2009 at 08:31:01AM -0600, Eric Sandeen wrote:
>>
>>> (thanks to Thorsten Leemhuis for those pointers) it's no longer
>>> "experimental...."
>> It may no longer be functionally experimental, but does it still lead to
>> popping on some hardware when the codec's powered up?
>
> Sure, that's the big question. But isn't now the best time to simply
> give it a try in rawhide as F11 is still a few month away?

Is there any reason to think that it has been fixed?  If nothing has
changed no reason to blow out someone's amp just for testing.  :)

I asked only because I was trying to make my mythbox power-efficient and
noticed it was off; I can let the folks who've actually followed the
issue make the change if appropriate, but wanted to bring it up at least.

Thanks,
-Eric