Kernel bug triage

Dave Jones davej at redhat.com
Mon Apr 26 16:14:43 UTC 2010

On Mon, Apr 26, 2010 at 11:21:02AM -0400, Kyle McMartin wrote:
 > On Sun, Apr 25, 2010 at 09:58:12PM -0500, Eric Sandeen wrote:
 > > > Well, I asked around about that, but not sure how easy/possible it is
 > > > to do with our current setup. Basically bugzilla gets populated from
 > > > pkgdb, which has a list of packages, owners, cc people, etc.
 > > >
 > > > It doesn't have a way to say: kernel is this, and has subsystem X, Y, Z
 > >
 > > Yep, that's the answer I'd heard before too, unfortunately.
 > > It's a pity that the tools seem to be this inflexible.
 > >
 > > the kernel.org bugzilla is much better at this.   :(
 > >

 > There's no /particular/ reason we couldn't use the kernel.org bugzilla
 > for Fedora if it would improve things...

the problem with using the kernel.org bz for Fedora bugs is that
if they report a bug which turns out not to be a kernel bug, we can't
reassign it to the right package, they need to file a new bug back at rhbz.

It's sad that after all these years the only bz interoperability solution
that's appeared is "use launchpad", which isn't a solution at all.

	Dave