F-12 2.6.32.5 kernel and ATI card == fail

Hans de Goede hdegoede at redhat.com
Sun Jan 24 19:45:40 UTC 2010

Hi,

I'm not sure where to report this, but I thought this was
something important to report, because AFAIK there are plans
to make 2.6.32.5 move to F-12 updates-testing.

Today I compiled my own F-12 2.6.32.5 kernel from pkg-CVS, as
I was working on rebasing the gspca driver in there to the latest
upstream (as a lot of really good to have fixes and new hardware
support has accumulated upstream).

When rebooting into my kernel (stock pkg-cvs + rebased gspca,
which at that time did not even load as no webcam was plugged in),
X failed to start (segfault).

After upgrading all xorg + libdrm + mesa packages to rawhide this was fixed.

Regards,

Hans