Changing default module options

Zhu Yi yi.zhu at intel.com
Wed Mar 24 01:30:24 UTC 2010

On Tue, 2010-03-23 at 19:03 +0800, Stanislaw Gruszka wrote:
> Ah, ok. So only additional cost with "paged Rx" and swcrypto is a
> memcpy, which is theoretically rather small cost compared with doing
> tx/rx cryptography in main cpu.
>
> So, what about turn on swcrypto by default upstream?

hwcrypto offloads cryptography to the device. It saves host CPU cycles
so it's a good thing to do. The bug #519154 doesn't affect most people
and only for 4965. #556990 doesn't look like swcrypto related, need to
do more investigation. So I don't think we should use swcrypto=1 by
default in upstream. Users are free to do so in their /etc/modprobe.d
though.

Thanks,
-yi