Fedora 15 Schedule

John Poelstra poelstra at redhat.com
Wed Nov 24 23:32:38 UTC 2010

Hello Kernel People,

It was brought to my attention Jesse Keating, at the end of the Fedora
14 release, that it might be helpful to add some kernel tasks or
milestones to the overall release schedule.

I would like to help with this.  To do so I need to know which tasks and
milestones to include in the schedule. Here is the current development
schedule for Fedora 15:

   Start         End          Name
Wed 19-Jan  Wed 19-Jan  Submit Installer Builds for QA Compose
Tue 25-Jan  Tue 25-Jan  Feature Submission Deadline
Wed 26-Jan  Wed 26-Jan  Submit Installer Builds for QA Compose
Sat 29-Jan  Mon 31-Jan  Fudcon Fedora 15--Tempe, Arizona
Wed 02-Feb  Wed 02-Feb  Submit Installer Builds for QA Compose
Tue 08-Feb  Tue 08-Feb  Branch Fedora 15 from Rawhide
Tue 08-Feb  Tue 08-Feb  Orphan Rawhide Packages
Tue 08-Feb  Tue 08-Feb  Feature Freeze (Testable|Complete)
Tue 08-Feb  Tue 08-Feb  Spins Freeze--All Fedora 15 Spins Identified
Tue 15-Feb  Tue 15-Feb  Alpha Change Deadline
Tue 15-Feb  Tue 15-Feb  Software String Freeze
Wed 16-Feb  Wed 16-Feb  Submit Installer Builds for Alpha RC Compose
Tue 01-Mar  Tue 01-Mar  Alpha Public Availability
Fri 04-Mar  Fri 04-Mar  Build F-15 collection packages for all language
translators
Mon 14-Mar  Mon 14-Mar  Submit Installer Builds for Beta TC Compose
Tue 15-Mar  Tue 15-Mar  Software: Start Rebuild all translated packages
Tue 15-Mar  Tue 22-Mar  Software: Rebuild all translated packages
Tue 22-Mar  Tue 22-Mar  Beta Change Deadline
Tue 22-Mar  Tue 22-Mar  Features 100% Complete Deadline
Wed 23-Mar  Wed 23-Mar  Submit Installer Builds for Beta RC Compose
Tue 05-Apr  Tue 05-Apr  Beta Release Public Availability
Fri 15-Apr  Fri 15-Apr  Submit Installer Builds for Final TC Compose
Mon 25-Apr  Mon 25-Apr  Final Change Deadline
Mon 25-Apr  Mon 25-Apr  Submit Installer Builds for Final RC Compose
Tue 10-May  Tue 10-May  Final (GA) Release

What should we add for the kernel team so that important dates are known
and Fedora 15 can be well coordinated?

John