Broadcom brcm80211 driver

Jon Masters jonathan at jonmasters.org
Tue Oct 12 19:37:28 UTC 2010

Folks,

I've been testing out the newly Open Sourced Broadcom driver that's in
the staging-next tree. Seems reliable, aside from suspend/resume (I
posted one patch for handling radio is disabled on init hard crash).

Sure, it'll hopefully land in staging and be in the rawhide kernel in
due course, but given that I'm lazy and bought the netbook in question
specifically to run rawhide(!), would there be huge objections to a
patch sooner that pulled in this driver until it's there officially?
Sure, it's experimental, but it's self-contained and this is rawhide.
Let me know if this would be just a silly/bad idea.

Jon.