upstream exec-shield git tree

Kees Cook kees at
Fri Oct 29 15:41:40 UTC 2010

On Wed, Jul 14, 2010 at 01:16:03AM -0700, Roland McGrath wrote:
> git://
> Two branches:
> 	fedora/x86-nx-emulation
> 	fedora/32bit-mmap-exec-randomization

I'm in the process of trying to aim Debian at these as well (and I'm
about to start the rebase of this for the next Ubuntu release), but it
seems they're not up to date. I see that the brk fix and boot parameter
changes I sent are mentioned[1] in the Fedora kernel:

2110 * Fri Sep 03 2010 Dave Jones <davej at> 2.6.36-0.16.rc3.git0
2111 - exec-randomization: brk away from exec rand area (Kees Cook)
2113 * Fri Sep 03 2010 Dave Jones <davej at>
2114 - Remove the execshield boot parameter.
2115   Based on a patch from Kees Cook

These seem to be [2] and [3], but I'd like to try to keep the main git
branches up to date so there is a single place to coordinate. Roland, do
you have a moment to get these committed to the main "upstream" branches?

For this one, I'm not sure why the git view shows Dave as the author
when I'm in the signed-off, but that's a whole other problem. :)

Kees Cook
Ubuntu Security Team