3.1. kernel

Paul Bolle pebolle at tiscali.nl
Tue Aug 23 14:59:51 UTC 2011

On Tue, 2011-08-23 at 13:32 +0000, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:
> Or to rephrase it if I install 3.x kernels from koji on an F15 host what
> breaks ( or is expected to break )?

A related anecdote: I'm currently running a (Rawhide derived, locally
rebuilt) v3.0.x kernel package on F14 (this is a laptop with a rather
boring setup). To get that package installed I also backported (ie,
rebuilt locally) mdadm-3.2.1-5 and module-init-tools-3.16-2. No obvious
breakage, at least not yet...

But the obvious disclaimer for stuff like this is: if it breaks, you get
to keep the pieces.

Paul Bolle