3.1.5 & bluetooth problem

Genes MailLists lists at sapience.com
Mon Dec 12 14:54:43 UTC 2011

  I booted 3.1.5 (on F15 compiled from f16 source) - and bluetooth on my
lenovo laptop stopped working - the hardware light did not light up on
boot - booting back to 3.1.4 and it works fine.

   I didn't see anything interesting in the boot log ...

  lsusb shows on 3.1.5 showed no BT device - on 3.1.4 I see this:

Bus 001 Device 004: ID 0a5c:217f Broadcom Corp. Bluetooth Controller
Device Descriptor:
  bLength                18
  bDescriptorType         1
  bcdUSB               2.00
  bDeviceClass          224 Wireless
  bDeviceSubClass         1 Radio Frequency
  bDeviceProtocol         1 Bluetooth
  bMaxPacketSize0        64
  idVendor           0x0a5c Broadcom Corp.
  idProduct          0x217f Bluetooth Controller
  bcdDevice            7.48
  iManufacturer           1 Broadcom Corp
  iProduct                2 Broadcom Bluetooth Device
  iSerial                 3 EC55F9F14499
  bNumConfigurations      1

 Anyone else having any BT problems with 3.1.5 ?

  thanks

  gene