iwlagn probs with 3.1.5

Genes MailLists lists at sapience.com
Mon Dec 19 13:46:49 UTC 2011

On 12/19/2011 08:20 AM, Josh Boyer wrote:

> There was an Intel wireless regression that was fixed in 3.1.5-6.fc16.
>  Try that if you haven't already.  If you did and still have the
> issues, please report a bug.

 Thanks Josh - I saw that - I am running 3.1.5-7 which includes that fix

 its odd that today was the first time i saw this - I have been
connecting to a couple of wifi AP's without problem since the kernel was
released - I had no problems with the -2 build either I should note -
now out of the blue this morning I had a problem.

 I removed the iwlagn module and modprobed it back in case that helped -
it did not help - only a reboot fixed it.

 I have now rebooted back to 3.1.5-7 (not on battery if that makes any
difference) and now I connect just fine to the same AP.

 So this is intermittent bug ... sadly ...

 Should I learn how to make iwlagn verbose in case something useful
shows up in logs at some point?

  gene