2.6.35.10-74 compilation (and build) problems

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Wed Jan 5 01:30:03 UTC 2011

On Jan 4, 2011, at 8:02 PM, Mr Dash Four wrote:

>> The Fedora kernel team doesn't have the resources to support every random user with a
>> random kernel config of the week. The Fedora kernel team does however
>> support the official Fedora kernels built in the Fedora build system and
>> released via the Fedora updates yum repo.
>>
> Thank you for your rather patronising response and congratulations on winning the gobshite-of-the-day prize!
>
> I asked for some help, if you are unable (or unwilling) to provide such help just move along, there's nothing to see here.

It was not a patronizing response, its the facts. The Fedora kernel team
isn't terribly large. It doesn't have the resources to waste chasing
your random breakage with your randomly configured kernel. Reproduce
your issues with an official Fedora kernel, and then maybe its more
interesting and pertinent to this list. This is, in fact, the FEDORA
kernel development list, not the "I rebuilt your kernel with some
random kernel config options, and the resulting build doesn't work right,
can you please help me" list. I'm sure that list does exist somewhere,
but its not here.

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com