2.6.35.10-74 compilation (and build) problems

Mr Dash Four mr.dash.four at googlemail.com
Fri Jan 7 01:46:51 UTC 2011

> But all this is moot -
> For some weird reason, rpmbuild is not able to parse
> the line
> %define all_arch_configs kernel-%{version}-i?86*.config
>
> correctly. i.e. it is not expanding   i?86*   properly.
>
> Why this is happening is not within my knowhow.
> I know next to nothing about how rpmuild parses the spec file.

I don't have the error you are getting (maybe because I am compiling for
the x86_64 arch?), *but* the resulting .config in the rpm is a carbon
copy of my .config file (i.e. the one copied after make oldconfig) -
nothing has been 'amalgamated' (i.e. the missing DRM_NOVEAU groups are
still ... missing).