f15 2.6.39 rebase

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Fri Jul 1 18:11:35 UTC 2011

On Fri, Jul 01, 2011 at 14:10:07 -0400,
  Genes MailLists <lists at sapience.com> wrote:

>   could it be graphics driver related? My sandy bridge i915 works better
> and better with each new 3.0 kernel ... plymouth is broken for me under
> stock F15 ... which 2.6.39 are you using anyway?

Probably not. One machine has an rv280, the other and nv28.

>   I was really asking Dave what other user space packages may get grumpy
> with the new naming convention for 3.0 and may need updating from
> rawhide other than mdadm and procps.

Unfortunately I can't really test that any further. At first a few things
caused problems earlier in the boot than the current problem. But those
got fixed and now I can't go any further on that hardware.

I did report a traceback in both the fedora and kernel.org bug trackers,
but so far not much has happened.