f15 2.6.39 rebase

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Tue Jul 26 19:44:24 UTC 2011

On Jul 26, 2011, at 3:11 PM, Kyle McMartin wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 26, 2011 at 02:21:52PM -0400, Dave Jones wrote:
>> 3.x needs a bunch of userspace updated, which could explain things like the raid
>> failure you're seeing. That's why we're doing a 2.6.40 for updates.
>> It's 3.0 in all but name.
>>

> Very little should be broken by the x.y.z/3.0.0, most of the broken
> userspace was due to x.y version numbers, and strict test on the result
> of scanf.

Been running 3.0 rc kernels for some time on an f15 box without any
problems, though its mainly for testing local kernel changes, so I
wouldn't have seen much in the way of userspace breakage. But the
box does have software (md) raid, and it comes up fine. I just assume
push 3.0 as 3.0, starting with testing. The userspace all has to work
eventually anyway, so why not fix it in f15.

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com