f15 2.6.39 rebase

Dave Jones davej at redhat.com
Tue Jul 26 20:08:33 UTC 2011

On Tue, Jul 26, 2011 at 04:00:42PM -0400, Genes MailLists wrote:
 > On 07/26/2011 02:54 PM, Dave Jones wrote:
 > t sounds good - thanks! Aside from a few bugs/patches to come
 > >  > still,
 > >  >
 > >  >  ... curious which userspace pieces need updating .. (mdadm, procps ?)
 > >
 > > with 2.6.40, hopefully nothing.
 > >

 >  And with the 3.0.0 kernels - hopefully nothing as well .. so why go
 > back to 2.6.40 ?
 >
 >  3.0.0 seems to be largely ok on F15 (up to patches etc) ...

fear of the unknown.

the obvious cases like "mdadm needs an update or you can't start raid" sticks
out, but the more subtle breakage is harder to pinpoint, and time I'd rather
not waste tracking down in f15, and having to do updates for.  Those cases that
need fixing will likely be fixed upstream, and we'll inherit them on f16 rebases.

	Dave