utrace/uprobes for 3.1 in F16

Josh Boyer jwboyer at redhat.com
Sat Jul 30 13:53:14 UTC 2011

Hi Oleg,

For now F16 is sitting on 3.0 with the utrace patch applied, but we'll
eventually be bringing 3.1 back to that branch after it gets some
vetting in rawhide.  Since I'm rebasing rawhide to the 3.1 pre-rc
snapshots, I'm wondering if you have worked on utrace/uprobes at all for
3.1.

I haven't seen uprobes merged yet, and as of right now the utrace patch
is disabled in the rawhide kernel.  Could you let me know if we're
waiting for uprobes to get merged, or what the approach for 3.1 should
be?

josh