CCISS Support in FC16

James Schatzman James.Schatzman at coyec.org
Mon Apr 23 13:25:31 UTC 2012

Can anyone tell me what kernel versions have support restored for CCISS SCSI controllers?  After upgrading to FC16 with yum, my DL380 G4 no longer boots under either 3.1.0-7.fc16.i686 or 3.3.2-1-fc16.PAE kernels.

Under the 3.1.0 kernel, dracut at least reports "dracut Warning: No root device /dev/VolGroup00/LogVol00 found". The 3.3.2 kernel reports only "Kernel panic - not syncing: Attempted to kill init!" which does not seem to be very informative to the non-kernel expert.

Re-running "dracut -f" to rebuild the initramfs for either kernel does not help. No change in the behaviro is observed.

II have seen bug report rhbz #754907 which may possibly be the same problem. This supposedly has been fixed but in what kernels?

Thanks!

Jim