Rawhide 3.3-rc1 rebase

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Sat Jan 21 19:26:47 UTC 2012

(trimming the CC list)

On 20.01.2012 19:41, Josh Boyer wrote:
>  [...]
> For anyone else that might know... the GMA500 driver "moved" from
> staging to drivers/video/drm/.  I say "moved" because the DRM_PSB thing
> is still sitting in staging.  I'll look into this more Monday, but if
> anyone knows offhand why we now have 2 drivers and which we should
> enable, please do speak up.

I don't know the full picture, but these two pointers might help a
little bit:

 * there were some coordination issues when the driver got added to drm
next:
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.kernel.next/19435/focus=1221082

 * Alan in
http://git.kernel.org/linus/3abcf41fb1fc6f127ff98d3bae75db7f8f575e47
wrote

>     For the initial merge Medfield will be left out as it needs considerable
>     further work to reach a decent standard

I got the impression from some earlier mails on LKML the Medfield part
of the driver was supposed to remain in staging. But maybe the patches
to realize that never made it to the staging tree?

CU
knurd