Regression in kernel-3.4.1-1.fc17.x86_64

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Tue Jun 5 16:47:52 UTC 2012

On Tue, Jun 05, 2012 at 12:43:15 -0400,
   Josh Boyer <jwboyer at redhat.com> wrote:
>On Tue, Jun 05, 2012 at 10:56:44AM -0500, Bruno Wolff III wrote:
>> kernel-3.4.1-1.fc17.x86_64 hasn't had a bodhi request yet, so I
>> can't give it negative karma yet. On the one machine where I tried
>> to login with a graphical login (gdm) I was not able to enter text
>> using my USB keyboard. Rebooting into 3.4.0-1.fc17.x86_64 got things
>> working again.
>
>That doesn't make much sense.  3.4.0-1 actually contains almost all of
>the patches found in 3.4.1 already (if not all of them).  Is that the
>only package you updated at that time?  If not, the initramfs for 3.4.1
>might have picked up some userspace change.
>
>josh

I think some other packages were updated between the last reboot before
updating to 3.4.1 and that reboot. However nothing was updated between
testing 3.4.1 and falling back to 3.4.0.

However, I only tried 3.4.1 once, so it's certainly possible that it was
some other intermittant problem that just happened to fail on that boot.

I have to run now, but later this afternoon I'll try 3.4.1 a few more times
to see if the problem happens consistently.