CONFIG_USB_UAS

Gerd Hoffmann kraxel at redhat.com
Mon Jun 11 13:04:26 UTC 2012

  Hi,

>>> We build one non-debug kernel in rawhide per RC release.  You just
>>> happened to hit it.
>>
>> That scheme sucks big time.  Why flip config options like that?
>
> Because people complained loudly that the normal debug rawhide kernels
> were too slow.

Ok.  I can see that this is tricky situation, guess it is a performance
vs. bug report quality trade-off.

But I don't think this flip options like this is a good solution to this
problem.  Having your kernel behave in different ways depending on
whenever you happed to hit a .git0 version or not is odd.

IMO both default kernel and debug kernel should have a fixed set of
config options.

cheers,
  Gerd