Fedora Kernel Meeting Minutes Jun 22, 2012

Dan Horák dan at danny.cz
Mon Jun 25 15:00:26 UTC 2012

Josh Boyer píše v Po 25. 06. 2012 v 09:05 -0400:
> On Mon, Jun 25, 2012 at 10:25:29AM +0200, Dan Horák wrote:
> > Josh Boyer píše v Pá 22. 06. 2012 v 14:49 -0400:
> >
> > > * Kernel updates and bodhi  (jwb, 18:29:24)
> > >   * Plan to disable auto promotion/pushing to allow more flexibility between
> > >     release updates
> > >   * Strongly prefer negative karma points be linked to a reported bug
> > >   * Negative karma for a bug we didn't say we fixed in a particular update
> > >     is not particularly helpful.  It holds up fixes for others.
> >
> > I think this is a general problem, karma points should always relate to
> > bug numbers if bugs are attached to the update. I can file a RFE for
> > bodhi if you think it will be useful.
>
> I filed an RFE for this a long time ago.  It requires FESCo approval and
> at the time FESCo decided not to do this.  I honestly don't remember
> why.
>
> https://fedorahosted.org/bodhi/ticket/181
>
> We could reopen that I suppose.

drago01 wrote me in private that enforcing the binding between karmas
and bugzillas may not be best, but I think a scheme, how we could get
maximum of it, can be found. And in my opinion also positive karma
should be bound to bugzilla to see whether the tester confirms the bug
as fixed or just confirms the package still works in general.

Dan