F17 Debug Kernels fails to boot (non-debug kernels are able to boot normally)

Reartes Guillermo rtguille at gmail.com
Fri Feb 1 15:19:08 UTC 2013

Hi,

I am new to the list, i am experiencing a bizzarre issue with debug
kernels. I used debug kernels in the past without issues.
The issue is that the last two debug kernels i tried do not boot. So i
cannot boot debug kernels.

Kernels that boot normally:

3.7.3-101.fc17.x86_64
3.7.4-104.fc17.x86_64
(and olders)

Kernels that do not boot.
3.7.4-104.fc17.x86_64.debug
3.7.3-101.fc17.x86_64.debug
(older kernels untested)

It is perceived as a increasing slowness in dracut but when one press
ESC one will find that  "Watchdog detected hard LOCKUP on cpu 1! and a
call trace, in fact, there are many call traces in which the cpu
number changes. Ultimatelly, one needs to press the reset button.

HW: FX-6100 on 990FX chipset

Thanks in advance.