802.11n controller unable to detect 5Ghz wifi network

Ankur Sinha sanjay.ankur at gmail.com
Sun Feb 17 07:11:02 UTC 2013

Hi folks,

My laptop has a wifi controller that lsusb reports as:

12:00.0 Network controller: Broadcom Corporation BCM4313 802.11b/g/n
Wireless LAN Controller (rev 01)

Since it's an 802.11n controller, shouldn't it be able to see 5Ghz wifi
networks? (I looked up on the wiki[1]).

Could someone please confirm and I'll go file a bug (RFE)? I think the
broadcom drivers are still a work in progress, so it's quite possible
that this is already in the TODO list. A confirmation would be great.

[1]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/802.11#Protocols
--
Thanks,
Warm regards,