3.9 merge window kernels

Josh Boyer jwboyer at redhat.com
Fri Feb 22 15:17:17 UTC 2013

Just a quick heads up that the 3.9 merge window kernels are being built
in rawhide now.  I've tried to at least test boot kernels on my machine
before submitting them to koji, but testers beware.  Merge window
kernels can be tricky.

ARM people:  the -git4 kernel build has the big ARM merge contained in
it.  I've tried to go through and make a reasonable estimation of what
all the ARM related config options should be set to, but you really need
to look those over.  Also... the config file setup is confusing,
particularly config-armv7.  That seems to be used by only
kernel-armv7/kernel-armv7hl but not by the omap and tegra armv7 configs.
I think that is leading to some duplication of config settings.  Anyway,
look it over please.

PPC/S390x people: You're set.  Your architectures are apparently boring
and predictable, so there were no config file changes needed.

josh