Problems with git5 on one of three machines

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Mon Feb 25 16:07:39 UTC 2013

On Sat, Feb 23, 2013 at 16:58:33 -0600,
   Bruno Wolff III <bruno at wolff.to> wrote:
>I have git5 running OK on two machines, but on the third machine I get
>tracebacks without apparent progress. The console shows on the order of
>one traceback a minute and after about 15 minutes without getting X,
>I went back to git3. Since there are some pending fixes, I'll wait until
>the next build before trying to report the problem.

It looks like this might be an intermittant problem that persists in
rc0.git6. I had the problem show up when I rebooted after updating to
git6 on a machine where git5 seemed to work OK. Rebooting again seemed
to avoid the problem. (Though the tracebacks happened early enough that
they didn't make it into /var/log/messages.) Two other machines didn't
have a problem when booting git6, though one had had a previous issue
(that looked the same) with git5.

I'll need to use netconsole to try to capture the info. I probably won't
get a chance to try to do this for a day or two.