RFE: Increase NR_CPUS to 4096

Prarit Bhargava prarit at redhat.com
Mon Jul 15 17:21:52 UTC 2013

I've done some testing across various systems (both "large" and "small").
Increasing NR_CPUS seems to have a negligible effect.  I see about a 1.1M
increase in memory usage when switching between 128 cpus and 5120 cpus.  Since
most systems ship with 4G or more these days, I cannot see an issue with
consuming a small amount of memory like this.

The current NR_CPUS in Fedora is 128 and the current NR_CPUS in RHEL7 is 5120.
I do not see any reason that those values have to be different anymore.

Thoughts/concerns?

P.