Change in test kernel build rate?

Josh Boyer jwboyer at redhat.com
Tue Jun 4 15:57:09 UTC 2013

On Tue, Jun 04, 2013 at 10:49:09AM -0500, Bruno Wolff III wrote:
> I am curious about the change in the rate of new test kernel builds
> from a few a day, to none in over a week. Is this related to the new
> testing systems being set up?

I'm guessing you mean rawhide?  Or do you mean across releases?

Last week was a time we set aside to work on test infrastructure, so
that occupied more time than normal.  Plus we had our monthly maintainer
rotation start on the same week.  I doubt many of us looked at our new
release assignment in great detail.

For the stable releases, the upstream stable maintainer is traveling so
there have been no new 3.9.y releases done.  Normally there is one per
week or so.  For F17 we're still waiting for the previous one to get any
karma at all.

For rawhide, I was building merge window kernels several times a day.
The merge window is over, so with upstream being in the -rcX period
there will naturally be fewer builds.

josh