Workstation product kernel requirements

Josh Boyer jwboyer at fedoraproject.org
Tue Nov 5 21:42:12 UTC 2013

Hi All,

My apologies for sending this out so late compared to the other
product queries.  I will simply claim that I hope the current Fedora
kernel is already meeting desktop/workstation needs and my delay was
partially because of that ;).

At any rate, the kernel team would like to know what you see as the
requirements for the Workstation product.  Thus far the discussions
with the other product groups has mostly centered around packaging
changes.  I would imagine Workstation doesn't particularly suffer from
anything in the current packaging, and could likely share a common
packaging scheme with Server for the most part.  However, if that
isn't the case please let us know what you'd like to see from a
packaging standpoint, keeping in mind we want a single main kernel
package across all 3 products as much as possible.

On IRC, Matthias mentioned some issues around interactivity and I/O.
If there are other things like that, please speak to those as well.

Thanks for your time.

josh