[ANNOUNCE] Make RPMs from upstream kernel easy

Igor Gnatenko i.gnatenko.brain at gmail.com
Tue Sep 3 10:40:33 UTC 2013

Hi folks!
Let me present utility for create RPMs from any state of Linus git tree.
In future I've planned to support linux-stable git tree. kernel-package
should to simplify kernel-bisecting, testing patches, testing latest
upstream kernels, etc.

How it works:

1. Download latest Fedora kernel.spec and configs into sources/ dir.
   If you have custom "config-local" in this directory utility will not
   download it.
2. Parse kernel.spec, replace needed variables, etc.
3. Archive latest stable (for compliance w/ kernel-maint)
4. Make patch from stable to current commit
   (for compliance w/ kernel-maint)
5. Put all needed sources for build srpm to sources/ dir.

Now I work at:

1. automation make srpm, rpm
2. support linux-stable git tree
3. support automatically add user-patches from sources/ directory

Please feel free to test, write bugreports, patches, etc. to my utility.
How to use it you can find in README at my git repo[0].

[0]https://github.com/ignatenkobrain/kernel-package

Kernel maintainers, please fix me if I do wrong.

Thanks all.

--
Igor Gnatenko
Fedora release 19 (Schrödinger’s Cat)