[ANNOUNCE] Make RPMs from upstream kernel easy
i.gnatenko.brain at gmail.com
Tue Sep 3 10:40:33 UTC 2013
Let me present utility for create RPMs from any state of Linus git tree.
In future I've planned to support linux-stable git tree. kernel-package
should to simplify kernel-bisecting, testing patches, testing latest
upstream kernels, etc.
How it works:
1. Download latest Fedora kernel.spec and configs into sources/ dir.
If you have custom "config-local" in this directory utility will not
2. Parse kernel.spec, replace needed variables, etc.
3. Archive latest stable (for compliance w/ kernel-maint)
4. Make patch from stable to current commit
(for compliance w/ kernel-maint)
5. Put all needed sources for build srpm to sources/ dir.
Now I work at:
1. automation make srpm, rpm
2. support linux-stable git tree
3. support automatically add user-patches from sources/ directory
Please feel free to test, write bugreports, patches, etc. to my utility.
How to use it you can find in README at my git repo.
Kernel maintainers, please fix me if I do wrong.
Fedora release 19 (Schrödinger’s Cat)
More information about the kernel