[Fedora 11/19] keyctl: Introduce a new operation KEYCTL_VERIFY_SIGNATURE

Josh Boyer jwboyer at gmail.com
Wed Sep 4 23:50:15 UTC 2013

On Wed, Sep 4, 2013 at 6:06 PM, Matthew Garrett
<matthew.garrett at nebula.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 2013-09-04 at 17:24 -0400, Vivek Goyal wrote:
>> arg6
>
> You add a new argument (is that safe?) but don't actually seem to use it
> anywhere?

Doesn't that break the userspace ABI?  I'm not sure upstream would
find that acceptable even if the argument was used.

You might have to introduce an entirely new syscall for this in order
to not break existing userspace.  Remember, things other than the
keyctl application can call this systemcall and you don't know who is
currently calling it.  It's worth discussing upstream.

josh