[RFC] [ima-evm-utils 0/5] evmctl: Sign using daemon and secureboot related enhancement

Vivek Goyal vgoyal at redhat.com
Fri Sep 6 19:38:19 UTC 2013

Hi,

This is an RFC patch series to get early feedback on stuff I am working
on.

This series does few things.

- Adds an extra structure to ima signature (security.ima) which will signal
  the elf loader that this executable needs to be locked. This will be
  useful for secureboot where signed /sbin/kexec needs to run memory
  locked.

  I have posted RFC kernel patches on Fedora kernel mailing list.

  https://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/kernel/2013-September/004432.html

  kexec-tools patches are posted here.

  https://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/kernel/2013-September/004469.html

- Add a functionality to import signatures signed externally. (Patch 2)
- Add functionality to allow signing using external crypto card. (Patch 3)
- Add a functionality to create a daemon which cilents can connect to
  and request file signing (Patch 4 and Patch 5).

All the signing enhancements I need so that various build servers can
make use of it to sign /sbin/kexec and bzImage using appropriate keys.

This is still a work in progress and code is very raw. I wanted to get
the code out to get early feedback.

Thanks
Vivek

Vivek Goyal (5):
  evmctl: Allow adding a memlock information in security.ima
  evmctl: Allow importing external signature
  evmctl: Allow signing using external crypto engine
  evmctl-allow-launching-daemon
  evmctl-client: A simple client to request signing from evmctl daemon

 configure.ac    |    1 +
 src/Makefile.am |    9 +-
 src/daemon.h    |   83 ++++
 create mode 100644 src/client.c