Bisecting 3 year old kernels?

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Sat Sep 28 19:02:49 UTC 2013

I have a couple of old bugs that still affect me and want to see if I can
do a bisect on a rawhide machine of the older kernels (e.g. 2.6.37, 2.6.35).
So far I have been hitting a problem with a gcc error mentioning
conflicting types in a case where asmregparm is used in one place and not
another.

Am I going to need to use something like mock to do these builds?

Is there any hope that I can run the resulting kernel on rawhide? (I need
to test that X works in one case and motherboard sound combined with
high network traffic works in the other.)

Even if I need to test the kernels on an older Fedora, it would be nice to
do the builds on a rawhide machine so that I can use the rawhide machine
while the builds are being done and only do the tests on an older Fedora.