Rawhide 3.19 schedule-ish

Josh Boyer jwboyer at fedoraproject.org
Wed Dec 17 01:35:44 UTC 2014

Hi All,

The 3.19 merge window has been open for a bit over a week now.  As
you've (maybe) noticed, rawhide continues to be on the 3.18 kernel.
Last week the kernel team was travelling and handling a merge window
while travelling is recipe for disaster (and/or insanity).

That means that this would be the week to start landing merge window
builds.  However, most of us will be on PTO for the end of December,
which would leave rawhide in a somewhat untidy state.  Even getting to
-rc1 and then disappearing for an extended time doesn't seem all that
pleasant.

For now, we'll leave rawhide tracking the 3.18.y releases and pick up
the 3.19-rcX kernels when we return.  I will send a call for testing
once we start rebasing again.  Until then, a special present to you
will be a bit of (maybe unwanted) stability.

If you have any questions/comments, please let us know.

josh